Saturday 4 June 2011

Sierra the silver tabby

On the 3rd of June, 2011, my girlfriend, Magdalena, and I took a train journey from our home in Poznań, Poland to Wrocław to collect our new bundle of fluff (Śmieszka, which due to a perceived negative connotation with Gulls as I come from the coast, and the way that it doesn't quite roll off the tongue, we decided to change) Sierra.

We collected her from Wrocław main station at 18:20ish and returned on the train at 19:25 before arriving back at home sometime close to 23:00.

She is gorgeous, tiny and sweet - at just 6 weeks old. She's settling in quite well - although our other kitty Mruczka is not taking it too well. The first night was a little different - my partner and I took to sleeping in seperate rooms with our respective kitties to help the transition go a little smoother.

All was well with my little Sierra cuddling into my arms, until about 2am at which point she began attacking me (playfully) the next 5 hours - attacking my belly every time I breathed, my eyes every time I blinked, and my fingers/toes every time I wiggled them. After an extremely long day working and traveling to and from Wrocław, and after getting 2 hours of sleep with the kitten, and then another long day today - it's been very tiring, but very rewarding. So without further ado, some obligatory pictures:



Taken in home with the SLR:





and from the train journey with the ole phone camera:



And that's all for now :) We both look forward to our futures together,

No comments:

Post a Comment